Permanently Installed Large Size Systems
MEGASCREEN is a permanently installed bottom roller projection screen system for all standard formats and special sizes. The modified construction of the carbon tube and its connections of the tube sections make it a perfect choice for large permanent installations.
MEGASCREEN TOUR and MEGASCREEN are very similar regarding technical specifications. The two main differences are overall system width and carbon tube diameter.
- Mechanical steel band spool assembly with additional steel band safety spool.
- Two tube sections before connection.
- Two connected tube sections.
- Aluminum bushing that connects the carbon tube to the spool assembly.
- Chain driven incremental encoder to program the 3 intermediate and 2 end stop positions. As standard, the system is available with 2 different motors. Both motors are variable speed that adjusts from approx. 0.1 - 0.3 m/s (4" - 12"/sec).
- 3 x 230 / 400 VAC motor with double brake. Other voltages available.
- Variable speed control adjustable from approx. 0.1 - 0.3 m/s (4" - 12"/sec).
- Motor can be mounted quickly and easily in 3 different positions, each within a 90° rotation (picture 1).
- As a result of a modification to the connection system, widths of up to 1800 mm / 59'1" can be achieved for MEGASCREEN by using smaller diameter tubes (150 mm / 6").
- Screen sizes up to 1800 x 1350 cm / 59'1" x 44'3". Custom screen sizes available upon request.
- The carbon tube rolls up and down with the screen surface. When unrolled, the screen is fully open and the carbon fiber tube is at the bottom.
- A bottom roller mechanism works well to keep the screen surface flat even when using non fiber-reinforced screens.
- Carbon tubes Ø 150 mm with special connection ends. Tubes are delivered in 6 m sections. Remaining tube length to be factory cut to exact length to deliver overall system width.
- Aluminum, modular truss sections with motor, drive shaft, bearings and carbon tube.
- Motor unit with gear box and limit switches.
- Power and control cable. Standard length: 25 m. An extension cable up to 50 m is available as an option.
- Standard suspension points: Minimum number of 4 suspension points required. Additional suspension points required depending on overall system width and weight. Standard mounting via 3 half-coupler clamps. Half-coupler clamp load capacity: 750 kg, max. Ø: 50 mm.
- Steel band spool assembly for load and drive operation.
- Additional steel band security spool assembly.
- G-FRAME 54 control system. Standard operation: UP-DOWN positions and speed adjustment.
- Installation and operation manual.
Motor technical data:
- Power: 2,2 kW
- Speed: max. 0,3 m/s
- Weight: 58 kg